Saturday, December 16, 2017

I ain't afraid of no fashion police!

Yes, that is me about to run a 1/2 marathon race in December.  It's COLD!  I hate the cold. It's why I live in the desert.  When it does get cold here, I don't have a ton of cold weather gear, so I get creative to get outside and enjoy it.

One thing you will learn about me as you follow this blog - I am not afraid of the fashion police. I am odd and quirky, but I know how to have fun!

I love Saturdays!  Most of us live a work week Monday - Friday and have weekends off.  There are the exceptions and in the summer, I am one of the exceptions when I am working my other business at Dig Paddlesports.  If your schedule is flipped, find anyday you want that becomes your personal recreation day.  I suggest weekly.  If you can do it more often, you live a wonderful and blessed life.  Enjoy it!  I am lucky that my work affords me that. My work and my recreation are one and the same often.  

On your personal recreation day - whatever day you choose to make it -   Get outside! I know it might be cold being December and all, but sometimes the cold brings a load of fun!  Put on the snow gloves and snow boots and have a snowball fight with the neighborhood.  That kills 2 birds with one stone - social interaction and the need for our bodies to be outside.  As kids we used to play mud football in the rain.  Or do what we called "Mud Whomping" - find a muddy hillside and "sled" down.  I am sure my mom really loved those laundry days.  Out here in Southern Utah, the cold is relatively mild compared to our friends in the North.  Zion canyon is quiet right now. This is a great time to avoid the crowds and enjoy your favorite hikes in Southern Utah without ANYONE around!  It's amazing that we go from millions of visitors to quiet in just a couple of months out here.

   We were not meant to be cramped up inside around the TV and computer screens.  This is the new disease of our age - lack of interaction and outdoor activity.  
  So... What will you do today?  Make it outdoors and find some people to do it with.  
      Have a Blast today!
 - Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment