Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Are your shoes laced up?


Hey you amazing people!
Are you in the habit of daily exercise yet?  I have something that I believe will change everything for you if you will commit to 30 days of trying it out...
First thing in the morning - Get dressed in your workout clothes and get ready to get sweaty!

At night, before I go to bed, I write down my workout plan for tomorrow in my calendar and then I pick out 2 sets of clothes to set out for the morning.
1 - my workout clothes for the first part of the day
2 - my "real" clothes and accessories for after I shower post-workout.

I find that setting it out at night makes it easier to make those healthy decisions in the morning.
The alarm goes off, I get dressed to workout and am in workout mode down to lacing up my Zumba shoes that I love. I wear those shoes for circuit and for running too. Then I fill up my water bottle and start rolling with my day.  I might not workout for a couple of hours, but I am ready to go and it is on my mind so I don't skip it because I just don't want to change 3 times in a day.  

The best scenario is to workout before you do ANYTHING else in the day.  5:30am Bootcamp or an early morning run before the kids are up is perfect!  
But, I teach mid-morning classes and It's easier and better for ME to hit a 9 or 9:30am class.  So, I get in my workout clothes in the wee hours of the morning and am ready to roll out the door with NO EXCUSES!
After I come home is when I shower and put on "real clothes" so I don't stink all day.
If you are struggling with getting in the habit of daily exercise, try this tip for 30 days and see if this changes your resolve to get up and get moving!
Cheers!
 - Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment