Thursday, January 4, 2018

Will this be YOUR YEAR?

Hello 2018!


I love the New Year!  I love hitting a refresh button.  I feel like New Year's day is a giant "do over" button where I get to remake who I want to be.

In truth, the sun sets and rises just like any day.  It's just another day really.  But there is a feeling that comes with the change of the year.

Why in the world do we have this thing called "New Year Resolutions?"  Studies have shown that most people do not make them happen and in fact give up within the first 3 months of the year.

If you go to the gym past March you watch it happen.  Classes and gyms are crowded in January and by the end of March... ehhhh... not so much.  What happened to those New Year's resolution people?
Where do they go?

Where do you fall in?  Are you a New Year Resolution drop out?  Or are you something different?  Are you one of those rare and wonderful beings that takes those resolutions to become better and actually makes it happen?
If you are not the latter, are you ready to become one?

I was in a discussion with a facebook friend of mine regarding this topic. He suggested that if you go into the New Year thinking you will be different and that this coming year will bring you all the success you wanted, that you are wrong.  You are still the same person with the same habits.  He's right.

I told me friend that I had the right to claim 2018 as my own because I set used the year before to set myself up for the success I wanted.  I made difficult changes in behavior.  I let go of things that held me back from success.  I reached further and worked harder and smarter.  So I am claiming 2018 as MY YEAR!

I want to see you get 2018 as well.  Take this year to make those changes, break those old habits and create new ones.

In truth I treat every day like a reset button.  Every Sunrise is MY OPPORTUNITY to get closer to my goals.  Every day I write down my goals.  EVERY DAY!  Seriously!  I don't skip a day to wake up, meditate, read, journal, write my goals and map my life for the day, week, months and year ahead.  Then I fuel my body with a nutrient dense shake and go exercise.  This is why I get to claim this year as mine!

I claim each day as MY day!

Today is my day!
And if I am in the habit of claiming the day, I get to claim the week!  I get to claim the month and the year!  2017 was a tough year in the fact that challenges came up I was not expecting.  But I claimed those challenges.  I met them head on, I sought help where needed.  I prayed, I changed, I grew, I let go and I saw remarkable things happen because of those amazing challenges.  

2017 was my year, 2018 will be too.  Not because life will be easy, but because I have the tools to deal with those challenges, grow and become better.  You have those tools as well.  We all do.  We get to choose whether to take on those challenges or let them defeat us.  It is always a choice - to become better or to become defeated. 

One of my daily affirmations I say every morning is "I cannot fail, only learn, grow and become better than I have ever been!"

This is my mantra this year.

Make this your year by making today your day!

All the best - 
Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment