Friday, January 5, 2018

Am I a better person today than I was a year ago?

Your challenge today:
Reflect on last year and ask yourself  "Am I a better person today than I was a year ago?"

I believe this is more important than asking if you dropped the weight or hit all the goals and resolutions you set a year ago.

Truth is, we often fall short of our goals.  It's not that the goals themselves weren't worth setting.
If in reaching for those goals you are better today than you were a year ago - CONGRATULATIONS! Feel great about the reaching for something better.

Keep setting those goals.  Keep striving for greatness.  It's my belief that life is about becoming a better human step by step.  Perfection isn't real.  But a step toward a better life, better habits, better health - THAT is attainable.

I believe in setting goals.  I believe in reaching for more.

Take some time to reflect on what you did this past year that made you a better version of you.
Then take some time to meditate and pray and ponder on what will take you to the next best place for you this coming year in the following areas:
- Physical
- Mental/ education
- Spiritual
- Social/ community
- family relationships
- Financial 

Set goals in all those areas and live daily to become a better version of you.  Read more Books, Get outside, Take more time to communicate with God, Volunteer, Date your spouse, play with your kids, Save a few more pennies for the future.

We could get into the details of what Goal setting really is... But maybe we will do that another day.
Imagine if you just strive to do one thing today that made your life better, and you did that every day.    My hope is that by this time next year you can look back and say, Yup, I am a better person today than I once was.  I forgave someone.  I feel happier. I have more energy.  I am stronger.  That is my hope for you this coming year in 2018.
Blessings to you - 
 - Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment