Monday, May 21, 2018

Creating your "Power Hour"

As you may have noticed, I haven't posted in a long while.  A lot has happened since February.  First off, I moved.  That was a huge distraction and I am taking that as part one of my excuse.  Part 2 of my excuse - I let go of my "Power Hour" for a long time which is the time I used in the morning to write, read, meditate, plan, etc...

Here why I let it go for a while...
One day my sweet 16 year old daughter and my 13 year old son came to me and said, "Mom, we want to go do bootcamp at 5:30am every morning."  My heart skipped a beat.  My teenage kids are asking to go workout early in the morning with me?  How could I say no?  Of course it was in the same time as I was using for my power hour.  But I agreed.

It's been great working out with my kids.  Somehow though, I couldn't fit my power hour into other parts of the day.  after 6:30am, the world seems to be moving too fast.

I love my power hour.  It's a sacred time in my life.  It's a time I communicate with God and find out what I need to do for the day.  If nothing else happens right for the rest of the day, I did that hour and it feels amazing.

SO... I chose to move the workout with my kids to later in the evening so I could have that peace of mind and sanctuary back to me.  It is THAT important.  As important as my kids are, I NEED to put me first.  I found that when my power hour slipped away, I felt more scattered, anxious and had a harder time reaching my goals.   My kids will learn by example and we do still find time in the day to spend together and be active.  Besides.  They weren't doing bootcamp anyway.  They were more interested in the 40/20 circuit I created.  We can do that pretty much anytime.   When I put my oxygen mask on me first, I am better able to take care of my family and other priorities.

Here's what my power hour looks like:
1 - Make myself a healthy breakfast to start the day (I use Shakeology)
2 - Get on my knees and communicate with God
3 - Read from Holy books or listen to talks from inspired sources
4 - daily affirmations
5 - write down my goals every day
6 - Write in my journal my thoughts and feelings
7 - plan out the day
8 - take time to do come creative writing (15 minutes)
9 - Get in my workout clothes and go exercise!

What is your power hour?  When do you do yours?
Make your day the best and start with YOUR sacred time.  It's a must!



No comments:

Post a Comment